13 Jul 2011
Full-Time Concept Engineer – Vehicle Design (m/f)
Bombardier Transportation require a “Concept Engineer – Vehicle Design (m/f)” in Hennigsdorf:
We are Bombardier
Get on board; we can drive you further in your career
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world’s natural environment. For further information on Bombardier please visit our website.
The European Metro design center of Bombardier Transportation is established in Hennigsdorf near Berlin. Our RS4 site is a specialized development center of European METRO know how with a main focus on the Asian market.
To further expand and develop this position we are currently looking for our site in Hennigsdorf (Berlin), to recruit a:
Concept Engineer – Vehicle Design (m/f)
- Interdisciplinary responsibility for new and continued development of rail vehicles covering all design and development stages mechanical design (Interior)
- Direct the capturing, detailing and structuring of requirements on a vehicle
- Create engineering draft designs and associated descriptions of new vehicles or vehicle components
- Head and coordinate work packages jointly with managers of the departments involved and the respective project leaders
- Carry out variant examinations and cost assessments
- Clarify interfaces with other areas of responsibility; liaise with Manufacturing, consortium partners, suppliers and customers
- Conduct technical negotiations with suppliers and customers.
- Collaborate with international teams
- University-level degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with CATIA V5
- Extensive professional experience of many years in a specialisation field of rail vehicle engineering
- Business fluent in oral and written English
- Experience and confidence on the international stage; ability to work in international teams; results and customer-oriented working method; active involvement, strategic thinking, initiative and team spirit as well as excellent communication and integration skills
- Focus on international work and intercultural competence
- Unlimited ability to travel and willingness to spend several consecutive months in Asia
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
ECO4 – the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of “The Climate is Right for Trains”, we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable.
820 total views, 1 today